Saturday, November 30, 2013

powdered sugar

As the owner of a toxin-free skin care company, it may seem odd, rather ironic to have my first post be about powdered sugar. While I love providing healthy safe things for my people, all of them boys (including husband) to whom food is a love language. I have found over the years that creating good food for them is a way they feel loved. So, with all things, moderation is key. My philosophy is that you can't do everything perfectly healthy but do your best let go of the rest. There are limits; budgets, time, availability, etc. So, the day before thanksgiving as I watched 8 boys (4 mine, 4 sweet cousins) play football in the snow for 2 hours, I made dairy-free fudge (amazing, honest) for them. My sister told me that if you took evaporated cane juice (not-as-refined-sugar sold in a 10 lbs bag at costco) and blended it in a Vita-mix it would make powdered sugar. It works. Have you ever wondered how they get powdered sugar so white, pure white really? This won't be a study on the what and the hows of sugar but this is a less toxic way to provide yummy goodness to your family especially during the time of year when goodies seem to go along with the season. Why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment